On Sunday, July 5th, we held our first outdoor worship service and celebrated Holy Baptisms and the Lord's Supper. We plan to meet this way throughout the summer and fall, to worship and celebrate the Lord's Supper. We'll be following all state and federal guidelines, and listening to advice and wisdom from medical professionals.
We hope you'll join us for our next outdoor worship service on August 16th at 9am.
1631 Silver Lake Road
Dayton, Virginia 22821
To prepare for outdoor worship, please plan to bring the followings items:
- A mug or cup for communion. To safely distribute communion, we ask each household to bring a mug or cup that we will pour the wine into.
- Shade (umbrella, canopy, etc). While there are large trees where we gather, we like to reserve the shaded areas for the elderly and families with infants. You're welcome to come early to set up a shaded area for your household.
- Chairs/blankets. We meet in a large field/yard, so bring something to sit on.
- Masks. We ask that you wear a mask except when you're seated in your spot. This includes using the bathroom facilities, walking around the lawn, coming up for communion, entering and exiting, etc. Masks are recommended for children ages 3-9 and required for those over 10 years of age.
- BYOB Coffee and Bagel. Coffee and bagel time is one of Incarnation's beloved traditions following each service, prior to COVID. We miss this time of fellowship. Bring your own snack/drink for a new kind of coffee and bagel time following our outdoor service!
- Anything else you/your household/children need to be comfortable outside in the warm summer weather. (snacks, diapers/wipes, etc.)
As we carefully follow state and federal mandates and guidelines, please keep a distance of 6 feet between households.
Parents, we ask that your children stay with you before, during and after the service. There will be packets for children on the welcome table for them to use during the service.
Our Mask Policy for Outdoor Worship: Masks are recommended for children age 3-9. Masks are required for those 10 years and over. Please wear a mask during the outdoor service, except when you are in your spot. This includes entering and exiting, coming up for communion, using the restroom facilities, etc.